Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Catch and Release

Thanks everyone for your input on my last post. Much appreciated.

So yesterday my kids came home from school with a cat. I don't really like cats. I think they are cute when they are babies, and that's about it. Plus, I am allergic to them. In recent years I started getting rashes from touching them or something that they've been on. I let the kids pretend the cat was theirs for about 4 hours and then made them go put it back where they found it.
Guess what they came home with today?
A fish! Jonah and Eden walked across the street from the school when they got out today where there is a very shallow pond. It's not even something I would normally call a pond it's so small. They saw a fish in it and caught it and carried the poor thing home. Then they found my giant salad bowl that I use for pot luck dinnners and filled it with water and grass, (to make it feel at home you know,) and put the fish in it. It's hard to tell from a photo like this, but the fish was about 5 inches long. I only let them act like it was theirs for about 30 minutes before we took the poor thing back to the pond to live a much better life. Boy did that fish's life flash before his eyes.
On another topic, I run 6 days a week and I am starting to find that I am getting a lot of honking and head turning on the road. Directed at me of course. I think I am looking really good these days! It feels nice to get the attention.

*Do I need to mention that it is my sister Anna 9 out of 10 times?
It is good to see her. Strange and cool that she is close. Pinch me again. She's great.

10 comments:

Memzy said...

I lollerzed at the honker being Anna!! That's heelarious. But who is the other ONE out of 10 tho?

Hot Pants said...

I would totally have honked at you, and probably screamed out my window at you, or ran along side you just to grab your toosh. But, then I would have hurt my hand because it is so rock hard!

ahab said...

maybe people (including sister) are honking at fish in pond as you run past?

Markie23 said...

That looks suspiciously like someones pet goldfish that someones mom took and dumped in a pond, and then your kids found it and now its back in the pond. I wonder who will end up with it next, and how many times it we be back in the pond before it dries up.

Anna B said...

Your kids crack me up. They better not bring anything home to my house today. And your welcome for all the honks. My kids love honking at you too. They aske me why I don't run with you and I have to tell them duh, I suck!

Emily said...

Nasty fish. Goldfish make me gag.

I'm sure you do look hot. I wish you were here to help kick me into gear. I'm still so jealous you and Anna get to live close. Really not fair!

Mary said...

You go girl!!!!

E said...

Oops, are we not supposed to run on Sunday? Even if it's like 11:30 at night? My legs are looking super shapely lately, but no passing cars have noticed. Anyway, I'm surprised that fish lived. My kids bring home giant bugs sometimes. It's really gross.

Anonymous said...

So I just spent forever catching up on your blog and it was quite lovely except it took a long time so I am only leaving one comment and I will be better about keeping up on it. Also it was sooo fun to see you at yoga today and you are very bendy. Very impressive.

Robyn said...

I think it's funny that your kids bring animals home. I'm waiting for the day that my kids do. They are always asking me if we can get a puppy or a pony or a rabbit. I have to point out to them that we already have 2 cats and a dog, there is no room for a pony and Daddy says no to rabbits. Killjoy!