Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Random Updates

This week I lost 2 lbs. (Whooped DE do.) Oh well, it's something. I'll keep reporting on my weight loss anyhow each week. It will help me feel accountable. It's like an "Over eaters Anonymous" meeting of my very own! They really have those you know. Oh - not that I would know much about it...

Steve has had his first two days of work and all seems to be going well. It's hard to learn a new job, but I think he's doing alright. The commute isn't too fun. But live able. We are just happy he's working. He said it felt good to be the breadwinner again. I told him he's been the breadwinner all along. Because of him, we had 6 months worth of savings to live on.

I got a calling tonight in our new ward. YW Personal Progress Advisor. I am excited about it. I am a big believer in the Personal Progress Program and am ready to pump the girls up about it. I actually earned the medallion myself as a teenager and again this past year as YW President in our old ward. So it's a calling I am completely comfortable with.

We've had the great privilege of seeing plenty of family and friends in the last week! Steve's brother and his family came for a visit earlier last week. His parents came here and stayed with us briefly too. We got to go to Connor's baptism and Matt's court of honor. (Bishop nephews.) They were really nice occasions. My Waite Grandparents came and visited us on Saturday. Tim and Brenda have been here all week, and staying with Anna. They are always a lot of fun to be with. An old friend of mine came for a visit and brought his family for dinner last night. It was good to hang out with those guys too. Lots of fun stuff!

Eden had her first singing group meeting with Anna today. Anna's got a children's group put together and she teaches them to sing. It was so cute! I think she's a great teacher. She is going to give Celeste piano lessons too. Celeste starts tomorrow. It's convenient having Anna do it too. A great excuse to go over there and hang out with her before/afterwards.

Now someone give me something truly interesting to post about.

12 comments:

Hot Pants said...

Take Ambien again tonight!! Really, with all that company, you must be plum tuckered out. You need a solid nights rest. We need more love letters.

E said...

I think you set your own high blogging standard with that Ambien post. I'm still laughing about it. I love this part: "I don't understand what is happy to me! help me out!" and it's written like you were drowning or something. Hilarious!

Hot Pants said...

I pictured you falling off the chair while you were writing it, towards the end.

Memzy said...

It's so true--that Ambien was good blogging stuff. I'm really glad for the updates though. And they aren't boring to ME. Make sure and take pictures or video of the singing group to post also.

Robyn said...

I agree that the Ambien post was funny. I can just picture you lying in a pool of your own drool at the office desk when Steve found you.

And your posts are NOT BORING! I miss you and love to hear about what you guys are up to.

Cristin said...

I love updates, it's not boring to see how other people live :)

Grats on the 2 lbs., that's awesome! And grats on your new calling, that would be a fun calling.

And I totally agree with everyone else...I'm still laughing about the Ambien blog. haha

eekareek said...

The reason why you aren't losing as much weight as you would like is because YOU ARE ALREADY SKINNY!
Yes, take more Ambien and write me a love letter.

Vegas Family said...

I say loosing weight is always exciting news. Good for you. Enough though I agree you probably already are skinny and have no need to loose but I can understand the joy a few pounds shed can bring.

Emily said...

Good job on the weight loss! I gained 5 pounds this week? Are you proud? But, you know what? I'm fixin to lose at least 15 this weekend. Let's start a seperate weight loss blog come next week. I'm SO ready to look normal again!

Congrats on the calling. That is the perfect calling for you!

Anna B said...

I agree with Emily, you need to start a seperate weight loss blog so all of us lazy over eaters don't have to hear about your insane weight loss exercise program. You look AWESOME!!!

Ditto on the Ambien story. If you let me take some I promise to blog about it:)

Memzy said...

I think we've all agreed that Amanda should stop dieting because her body is awesome and we all wish we had it.

kthanksbye

Anonymous said...

Well....I guess that I should have had some cool talent to teach your kids so you would have had an excuse to hang out with me. I guess I learned to late.
And ya for Steve and his job!!