Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Race Day

Bright and early this morning Steve and I ran a 10k race (6.2 miles). On the way to the race I was saying to him "I want you to just run your best, don't worry about running it with me cause I'll just slow you down." To that he says "No I want to run it with you. It's more fun that way and it's more important to have fun than to be fast." So the race starts and within 5 minutes I couldn't even see Steve ahead of me anymore. Show off! I guess he didn't want to have fun anymore. We both did alright. I am a little embarrassed about my time which was just under 55 minutes. Steve made it 5 minutes faster than me. The part about it that bugs me is I have been running 6 miles a day and he hasn't run 6 miles since I met him. He's just a natural. Although, I have to mention that he's the one laying on the couch feeling the pain right now and I am just fine! I know you are all wondering if I won or anything. And I did win 1st place in my division!!! That is women who are 30 years old, have 4 children and are on their period. Yep I won that division. My medal was really special. A red white and blue ribbon with a tampon hanging from it. I have one other excuse as to why I wasn't at the top of my game today though too. I had the side cramp from H*** for all of mile 4. That part was no fun at all.
But I have to say overall it was a good race and we had a lot of fun doing it.

16 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I wanna see that ribbon (so I can make one like it for myself) I would have given you a trophy just for getting out of bed, under those circumstances.
You look hot by the way.

Memzy said...

I also would like to see that ribbon. I can't believe you are embarrassed about your time. That is a GREAT time. You would have keeled me. Congrats!

Dalana and Mark said...

Congrats Steve and Amanda! I bet it is so fun to have something like this that you can do together. What a way to start your day, too. Good job! I'm glad you guys seem to be doing well.

Emily said...

"...a red white and blue ribbon with a tampon hanging from it." I LOVE it!! Good job! I'm so proud of you. Way to go Steve for showing up your wife.

E said...

Running on the rag, eh? Congrats for getting 1st place despite your "embarrassing" time. You excel at everything you put your mind to, including juggling. Amazing.

Mikki said...

Way to go. That is so cool. Keep up the good work. I'm glad that you guys have something to do together like that. (Yes, I know he left you behing :))

Hazel said...

I got tired and irritated after driving 6 miles today. You are a better person than I am.

ManicMandee said...

Sorry Amy, I would send you an image of the medal, but I needed to change my tampon right after the race and there was no alternative. You know.

Robyn said...

lol, Amanda! You crack me up!! I'm impressed at your ability to even think about running a race. I'm exhausted just reading about it on your blog. Think I'll go lie down now.

Hot Pants said...

It's ok Amanda, Dwight went to Sam's Club and got me a GIANT box to practice making my own tampon necklace with.

Anna B said...

Way to go Steve & Amanda! You guys inspire me. Trent says TMI!

Cristin said...

Please tell me that picture of you guys is before and not after the race because if it's before than I'll be forced to hate you...not really but I'd be REALLY REALLY jealous!

YAY for running a race "on the rag". I would have stayed in bed but I'm not awesome either...

Vegas Family said...

That is awesome that you did that! I am only in the walking faze I don't know if I will ever make it to running but I sure admire that you can complete the race. High Five!

Memzy said...

So, did you ever get sore from the race at ALL?

ManicMandee said...

Cristen, the photo was taken before the race. No need to be jealous.
Emily, I never got sore! Cool hu? In fact I'm comfortable enough running 6 miles a day that I'm bumping it up to 7 tomorrow.

TimW8 said...

Congratulations on running 10k. If I go to the grocery store and I can't find a space within two or three spots from the front door I leave and come back later so we're kind of alike.