Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

You asked for it

Thanks a lot people for giving me a hard time about wanting to lose weight. That's the last time I'm gonna mention it to you lot.
Losers.

So would you like to hear another Ambien story? I've got another one, but I don't think it's as fun as my last one.
Wednesday night I take Ambien and immediately go to bed. Later Steve relates the following conversation that we apparently had after I hit the sack:

Amanda: "Are there people in the r0om?"
Steve: "No."
Amanda: "Are you sure because I see people."
Steve: "I'm sure."
Pause...
Amanda: "Who are you?"
Steve: "Steve."
Amanda: "Are you my husband?"
Steve: "Yeah, I'm your husband."
Amanda: "OK."

9 comments:

E said...

Ambien is creepy! People in the room? Please don't take that while unattended, but otherwise, keep taking it and telling us what happens.

Markie23 said...

Maybe they were DEAD people! OOOOOoooooo

Memzy said...

Our friend once was laughing and talking to some people who were in the wreath on the wall. That's serious stuff!

Hot Pants said...

The jokes on you Amanda. There really were people in the room. Steve had them there ready to video you, incase you decided to not stay put with your Ambien.

Cristin said...

I've got to get my hands on this stuff!!!! haha

Jennifer P. said...

First of all CONGRATULATIONS STEVE!!!! Woo-hoo! Cheering for you guys on this end! So happy that you got hired so quickly and don't have to burn through your savings :)!

And I'm sure I'm the billionth person to say that a few pounds a week is how you're SUPPOSE to lose weight! That's the kind that stays off for good!

Now I have to say how thoroughly entertained I was by your Ambien stories----and that you attempted to write while "under the influence"---priceless!!! I was part of a little study involving sleeping medication. First I had to take a big dose of it, and then I had to be interviewed for 2 hours while trying not to go to sleep. Oh my---the things that came out of my mouth! I remember thinking how idiotic they sounded, but not being able to say anything different. Now I wish I would have wrote something down :)!

So happy you guys are adjusting to Utah life---family, callings, employment. Yeah :)!!!!

Robyn said...

I think this story is better than the last one. I love how you trust that Steve really is your husband. Too funny! I wonder if it ever crossed Steve's mind to mess with your mind a little while you were under the Ambien influence.

Anna B said...

Ya, what would you have said if he said "No, I'm not your husband." Maybe that would have been a better story...or not.

Mikki said...

Love your Ambien stories. Hope things are going well. Take care.