Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

"8" Tag


Amber tagged me in honor of the Olympics 08/08/08.

(I'm not going to list these in order of preference.)

8 TV Shows I love to watch
For 10 years I've never even had 8 channels on our TV. Currently we've only got maybe 2, so TV isn't a big one for me. Thanks to frequent visits to Anna's house, I'm able to see a few here and there and she keeps me somewhat current on pop culture. But I can't name 8.
1- American Idol
2- So You Think You Can Dance
3- The Office

8 Restaurants I love
1- A Great Salad Bar (Sizzler, Sweet Tomatoes, and the like)
2- Applebees
3- Jason's Deli
4- Olive Garden
5- Costa Vida
6- Panda Express
7- Subway
8- Red Lobster

8 Things That Happened Today
1- Ran 2 miles
2- Took the kids school shopping and grocery shopping
3- Read up on the kid's teachers and learned about the school district, etc...
4- Polished my resume and researched dance studios for possible teaching opportunities
5- Ran through interview questions with Steve before he headed off to another job interview
6- Rented a couple of movies
7- Paid bills
8- Kept the kids happy and fed all day without losing my temper. This is the biggest accomplishment of all considering we've now completed our 10th week of Summer Vacation and hearing "I'm bored!" for the millionth time

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To
1- School Starting!
2- Being settled (ie: The house unpacked & orderly, a schedule in place for the family, etc...)
3- Growing old with my husband and serving a mission together
4- Myself going back to school some day
5- Going to bed tonight
6- Date night with Steve
7- Losing weight
8- Seeing my sibs again

8 Olympic Events I Want to See
How long is the Olympics going to be going on? I've caught very little of it at Anna's. I'd enjoy seeing:
1- Gymnastics
2- Swimming
3- Beach Volleyball
4- Running
5- Diving
6- Pretty...
7- Much...
8- Any of it.

8 Things On My Wish List
1- For Steve to have a job
2- For our house to sell
3- To have another baby
4- To have Jonah stabilized
5- New couches
6- To be thinner (That doesn't jive with #3 does it?)
7- To have my house stay cleaned for more than 1 hour
8- To compete in a triathlon

8 People I want to do this
Anyone on my links list.

4 comments:

Memzy said...

Your blog is looking better and better every day! I'm glad you didn't tag me tho. I don't like the number 8. ::giggle::

E said...

I couldn't think of 8 things to fill each category, except for TV. I don't know what that says about me...

Emily said...

That was fun to read!

Robyn said...

I'll tag myself. I need something interesting to put on my blog. I can't promise to have it done today, though, but I'll get it done in the next couple of days.