Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School

Yeah, the first day of school was Monday, but I have been preoccupied with other things and haven't gotten around to posting about it until now.
The day went pretty well and the kids seemed happy enough. So far their teachers seem good and the school too. Becca starts Kindergarten next week. She cannot wait.
Here's some images of the first day.
Celeste. 4th grade. Eden. 2nd Grade.
Jonah. 3rd grade. He is THRILLED!!!!
Jonah insisted on wearing his sandals... and socks with them. He learned this fashion diddly from his big man. Thanks Steve.
We ran into the Butler kids in the cafeteria. Can someone pinch me please? I still can't believe I live so close to my sister and her family! It's strange. I am so elated by that fact! I've wanted it for so many years, I can't believe it's actually happened.
Hayden, (Mr. Cool) above and Micah and Jonah below.
Also I kind of did a little "back to school" myself this week. I am attending Education Week at the Y. It is AWESOME!!!! Steve is seriously such a great and supportive husband to let me. I attended 7 classes yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. I attended 5 classes today. I've learned a great deal and my biggest concern now is retaining all this new knowledge. I want to attend every year now.
As an update on Steve, no job offer yet. However, he did have three job interviews last week. He's had one so far this week and another tomorrow. Hopefully he'll have a job soon!
For an update on my diet.
Week one is over and I have lost 3 lbs. Not great, but it's something. For those of you joining my support group, comment here and tell me how your week in food went. Did you lose or gain weight? Here is also the time where you give me lots of pats on the back and tell me I am looking HOT and to keep it up. ..bla, bla, bla. Got it?

11 comments:

Dalana and Mark said...

I'm glad your kids first week at school has been good so far. Their first day pictures are SO GOOD! Those two of Celeste and Eden are such pretty pictures!

How fun about attending Education Week!

We're continuing hoping and praying for Steve work soon.

Even though I'm not a part of your diet club, awesome job on the three pounds. I'm positive that you are looking hot, but to be sure you'd need to post a picture of yourself.

Mikki said...

Yeah, kids back in school. Can't wait for Monday so the older two start. They have been driving me crazy. I'm glad the kids like their new school.

Good job on the 3 pounds. I've been doing pretty good since May. I won't tell you how much I've lost yet, cause I still need to lose tons more.

And Happy Birthday to you in a few days. Hope that you have a great day. Also hoping that Steve gets a job offer soon. Take care. Miss you.

Cristin said...

Your a total Fox! Grats on 3 lbs. that's awesome!

I've always wanted to attend Education Week but alas it's kinda far. :) Someday though!

Anonymous said...

You have lost as much weight as I have gained in the past week and a half, how is that fair?
Stop being cruel to yourself you already look hot, no need to drop more weight.

Robyn said...

Congrats on the 3 lbs! I haven't weighed myself lately, but I've been sick this week and have hardly eaten. I wish I had this lack of appetite all the time!

Robyn said...

Congrats on the 3 lbs! I haven't weighed myself lately, but I've been sick this week and have hardly eaten. I wish I had this lack of appetite all the time!

Emily said...

3 pounds already??!! No fair! I'm going to definitely join your fit club here in a month or so. Good job!

Your kids are so cute. Looks like they are all happy. I can't even imagine how cool that would be to have my kids at the same school as their cousins. That is so awesome.

I'm so glad you are able to attend education week. What a great experience!

Love you!

Hazel said...

Wow, you look great! I now exactly where those three pounds went...my belly!

Anna B said...

Thanks...I found the 3 lbs you lost. I LOVE having you close too. Can't wait to hear all you have learned.

Jennifer P. said...

How neat for them to be able to go to school with cousins! Built-in buddies no matter what!

I would love to hear more about what you learned at Education week. And holy cow! Three pounds in a week! I don't think they even do that on the Biggest Loser :)!

I thought you looked great before, so I'm sure you look great-er :O)!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Amanda you are my inspiration! Great job on the 3 lbs. I also have not weighed myself this week, but as of a few days ago, I had lost about 2 lbs. I love Education Week! I went as a teenager, and it was awesome. I just wish I had paid more attention. By the way, you do look pretty foxy already, but I hope the 3 lbs made you feel foxier! :)