Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Munchkins

This post is a 3 part one.

First: My kids are joining the blogging world.
Celeste started her blog a few months ago, but hasn't done much to it until now. When they saw their Butler cousins blogging they wanted to also. I didn't want to deal with it. Even Becca was begging for a "dot com" of her own, as she called it. She hasn't gotten one yet, because the girl can barely come up with a full sentence. After seeing Kennedy and Sarah's blogs, I got nagged more by my kids and finally gave in. Celeste typed up her last post on her own and I think she did a pretty good job of grammar and spelling, not to mention the topic she came up with was kind of sweet. Check it out http://annas-tiki-room.blogspot.com/

Here's Jonah's http://jonahinthewhale.blogspot.com/

and Eden's http://mylittlehappyroom.blogspot.com/

I let them name their blogs whatever they wanted and put whatever they wanted on them; background and content. I actually think this will be a good thing for the kids. If they post frequently it should help them to improve their writing skills. And I can print them for their journals to see when they're grown.

I'm trying to let go with my kids more. I took them school shopping Friday and told them they can pick out one new outfit for their first day of school this year. It was really hard to let them pick their own outfits! Especially when a couple of them were picking ugly, poorly made clothes. I have to say that it actually made the shopping experience a little more fun in some ways though.

Second: Our first Family Fun Day in our new stomping grounds

We took the kids to the zoo along with Amy and her kids and Anna and her kids. We counted this as our first FFD. It was a nice zoo and we all had a great time! Take a look.





Almost all the kids. They all love being with their cousins. I don't think I ever enjoyed my 2nd cousins the way mine and Anna's kids do. Amy, your kids are great! I don't think I even know the names of my 2nd cousins.

Part Three: Things I was thinking I was grateful for at the zoo.

My feelings of self worth were increased by our visit.

I don't have a freakishly long neck like this guy, and someone else I know. Anna and Amy, you know who I'm talking about ;0

And I am far enough back on the monkey line to not look as funky as this lady.
My skin isn't as dry and cracked up as this guy.
And I don't look much like this little guy who will be a subject of upcoming nightmares.
Well, that's about it for now folks. School starts tomorrow! Yippeeee!!!!

8 comments:

Emily said...

How fun!!! Good luck with school starting tomorrow. PARTAY!!

Jennifer P. said...

Well I pretty much look like a cross between that gorilla and that freaky monkey when I get up in the morning :)!

So glad you guys are getting settled enough to venture out as a family. Loved reading through your 8 list too.

I'll have to send Zane over your kids' blog way. He's got one too, but it's private.

Have a great week ;)!

Memzy said...

I still haven't let my kids blog but so far they don't really know that their cousins do it. And no one is gonna tell them either. ::looking around:: But srsly, it is just because I don't want them hogging up the computer time.

Zoos are fun. I get to see Amy this upcoming Saturday too!

Hot Pants said...

Long necks have there advantages.

Dalana and Mark said...

That last guy is kind of creepy! It was fun to read your new posts. I'm glad that you guys are having some fun. The kids' blogs are awesome! Good job guys! We miss you guys.

E said...

Cute blogs! I would let my kids have a blog, but I can't give them another reason to beg to use the internet. Maybe some day...

We went swimming and I saw someone who had dry and wrinkly skin worse than that elephant. It was horrible. That's what has inspired my current pasty white skin. It better pay off.

Cristin said...

haha I LOOOOOOOVE the zoo, especially when I come away feeling good about myself. :)

The kids blogs are sooooo cute!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I love your comparisons to the animals! Hilarious! I got a good laugh out of your pics.