Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

No flippin way!!!!

Tonight our Bishopric was supposed to come over to visit with us. So I worked really hard getting the house all cleaned up and things unpacked so that our house was presentable. The doorbell rings and it's two men in suits; but not the Bishopric. It was 2 realtors coming to inform us that the owners of our home we are renting here have decided to list the house for sale! We have been here for a total of SIX days! I can't believe the nerve of the owner to not even give us an indication of their intentions until 6 days after we move in. The thought of moving again completely overwhelms me. There is already a for sale sign in the yard and everything. We are supposed to keep the house in viewing order so that people can come and invade our privacy at various times and decide whether or not we are going to be kicked out so they can purchase it. I just hope it doesn't sell anytime soon.
I CAN'T BELIEVE OUR LUCK!

11 comments:

Hot Pants said...

It was probably their ploy all along, hoping you guys wouldn't want to move and just buy their house.

Emily said...

How can they do that??!!! Didn't you sign a lease? You should read over your contract, because I don't think legally they can do that! That stinks!

ManicMandee said...

We went back and checked our contract and it doesn't prevent them from doing this.
And I wouldn't mind buying it, but they have it priced higher than we would want to do.

ShelBailey said...

Hopefully it won't sell and they'll drop the price enough for you guys to buy. Or, they'll just give up.

Sorry to hear that, though. I'd probably be letter-bombing the owners.

E said...

That sucks! But do you think it'll sale in this crappy market? That'll be their karma.

Jenny B. said...

man that really sucks i cant believe that.
that is not cool.
they should get a piece of my mind !!!

Cristin said...

OH MY GOSH! I'd be crying right now and writing nasty letters (in my head) to the owners of the house. UGH sorry :(

Elli said...

I'm pretty sure they can't do that. If you signed a lease, I know they can't do that. Give me a call if you need Charlie's help. He knows what to do.

Mikki said...

That just really, really stinks. I would be so p.o.ed.

I'll try to e-mail you later, I've been a little busy lately. Miss you thought.

Robyn said...

I'm so sorry about the house. That is awful! I can't believe people can be that inconsiderate. I would purposely keep the house a pig sty so that no one would want to buy it.

Diane said...

Oh Amanda... I ache for you on this one!!I'm actually anxious to move but the "keeping the house clean & show-able" would KILL ME!!!

You poor thing, you'll be in my prayers! It was down right rude of them to do that to you-- leave it messy! Just hide the lingerie when someone comes over!!

Seriously, I'd ask for some money off the rent if they are going to make you keep it clean & drag your kids off every time they want to show it!

Grrr!
Diane