Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Some happenings here

So here is a boring post for you. But I guess there isn't anything fun on my mind right now.
I am listening to the final saga of Bella and Edward while I am working on unpacking and setting up our new home. Boy is it NUTS! I wont ruin it for those of you who haven't gotten around to it yet. (Sigh...can't wait to finish it and then have a good therapy session with another finisher.)
Well, to the other things on my mind.
Our move was a bit stressful. We spent well over a week packing like mad. We would get up super early in the morning, and stay up super late in the evening (or sometimes into the next morning,) working our butts off. But we made it and it would have never have happened if we hadn't have had the many people that came and helped us out with it all. We had thought we could do it ourselves, but we were (to put it simply) STUPID! We hired some moving company here to help us unload our truck and it was money I was perfectly happy handing over to them when it was all said and done.
I also had 7 ladies come over and help me clean up our house before we listed it for sale. I was shocked and profoundly grateful! Thank you Elli, Megan, Pam, Kindra, Heather, Marilyn, and Connie!!!!!!!! You know I love you all don't you? They were amazing and the house really cleaned up well. Especially after the carpet cleaner came the next day. He worked a miracle on our carpets! For only about $159 and in less than an hour he made our carpets look almost new. I swear he was one of the three Nephites. Only an immortal could have worked a miracle like that.
Here's some shots of our house that Amy took. She's our realtor and also one of the most wonderful cousins a girl could have.


Bonus Room

Living Room

The kitchen

Another view

So there it is. Get the word out people. We want this house to sell asap. The market totally stinks right now so we'll have to take a loss on it. Hopefully the loss isn't too painful. We ended up asking less for it than we had originally planned. We are hoping we won't have to keep dropping it.

Another thing on our minds is Steve's unemployment status. Being the extremely smart and talented guy he is, I honestly am not really worried. He has already had some new leads since we've been here. In getting our Internet set-up and phone service too, he got in conversations with those people who both caught on to how smart he is. He was inquiring about specifics of their services and they asked him for his resume. He also has a day of interviews scheduled with the Church on Monday. So we are really praying things fall into place quite soon.

Finally, there is a boat load of little things I need to take care of as soon as possible. Getting a drivers license is done! I had to get that so I could get out of jury duty in Idaho and my gym membership there too. Also I've been working on our health insurance and finding doctors and such. And there is so much more. I wont go into all the boring details.

So hopefully that gives you guys a sufficient update to satisfy all those fans out there. I'll try to give you a more fun post later. But don't count on it. It's hard to be creative when you've got my "to- do list".

8 comments:

Dalana and Mark said...

Wow, the pictures of the house really do look great, good job! We're praying that all falls into place for you guys re: all the things you mentioned. You'll have to post how it goes for Steve on Monday w/ his interviews w/ the church. That would be such a great job, it seems. I'm glad you've got some things squared away and keep on keepin' on w/ all that's left to do. If anyone can do it, you can!

E said...

Sounds stressful. I don't know if I'm up for a move right now. I'd need a whole lot of motivation.

Memzy said...

A SRS amount of motivation. But yay for living close to Anna, no? Steve will find a great job, no problem. That's a no brainer.

Emily said...

Thanks for the update and for calling me the other day. I miss you! Good luck getting everything done. Good luck to Steve with the job hunt. I'm sure he will have a job soon, he's so smart! You are in our prayers.

Cristin said...

ACK! Good luck with the job hunt!

Don't you just love those little angels that pop out of nowhere to help you get things done.

I sooooooo know what your talking about with the carpets, but sadly nothing can save ours now.

Even though we keep talking about moving, I think your blog might have changed my mind just a tad haha We want to move but not have to move our crap or clean up our house after we've gotten the crap out of it.

Robyn said...

I know how stressful it is to move. I'm still trying to get things set up and we only had to move across town. Things will get done when they get done. Don't make yourself sick trying to do it all at once. Boxes can wait. Make sure to take care of yourself and try to have a little more summer fun before the kids go back to school. Miss you!

TimW8 said...

I'm glad you guys are closer now. Brenda's going to be in Utah in 2 weeks with her parents. She would love to see you and Anna.
Moving stinks huh. Be glad you won't have to do it again for a few months.

Jennifer P. said...

Again--this post was creative enough since you're IN THE MIDDLE OF MOVING IN :)!!! I really didn't expect to hear anything from your blog for at least another 2 weeks! It sounds like Steve has some great leads. Can't see what he ends up with---and praying that he just loves it! Your house looks great! I hope it sells quickly too. I wish I would have known about the cleaning party---I would have joined! Those are all awesome ladies and it doesn't surprise me a bit that they're the ones who showed up :)!

And since you were kind enough to leave a memory on my blog, I'll leave one I have of you. It might sound silly, but my memory of you is before I actually knew you. It was my first VT conference in the ward. You were in charge of it and had made some kind of yummy chicken salad that had toasted bits of ramen noodles in it. When I found out it was you who had made it (by listening to the women at my table talking!), I wanted to tell you how much I liked it---but I knew ZERO people in the ward at that time and I was just too shy. So I'll take the time to tell you now that you made a delcious dinner and that that whole conference was wonderful :)!