Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blog Casserole

I'm titling this post "Blog Casserole" because I'm gonna write about a few things that are all random and unrelated yet all mixed together into one post.

First off, I want to thank everyone for your great advice and comments on my last post. I've got some really nice friends and family and that is a huge blessing. I am actually doing pretty good now. Things could be so much worse and I am ever so grateful to be expecting another child! My spirits have been lifted quite a bit and that has helped me tremendously. And miraculously I was able to sit through all 3 hours of church today. NO vomiting! Of course right afterwards my body kind of let loose, but that's totally cool. The meetings were all very good too. Very uplifting.

I also decided not to post my plan here about staying positive. It's personal and much of it spiritual. So I'll refrain. But all of your advice was a great way to get me moving in the right direction.

Secondly: Jonah. If you happen to have seen yesterday, he did a few posts on his blog. If you saw those posts, you may have wondered...they were a bit odd. He's not doing too well lately. Mentally that is. This cute little guy here

has grown up to be quite complicated. He was doing great for several months. But this month he's had some serious problems again. He's getting really depressed. Inconsolably sad for no good reason. And when he's not depressed, he's kind of just crazy wild. The wild part of him can get me a bit frustrated. But the sad part of him breaks my heart. I wish he could just feel somewhere in-between the two extremes like most everyone else.

Anyhow, he said to me "Maybe if I post a lot on my blog people will love me and make comments." That made me sad to hear! 8 years old and already suffering from lackofblogcomments=lackoflovesyndrome. I think many of you bloggers have felt that at one time or another. Not fun. Don't worry, I will do my best to straighten that little problem out and let him know he is plenty loved. But it still couldn't hurt if you'd stop by his blog and express to him your love. Church was really rough for him today. Lots of tears and sadness.

Finally, with that really poor picture of horses, I want to tell a story. I got a comment on my last post from Leann Fidler Williams. I was shocked! I hadn't seen or heard from her in years. We were super good friends back in Junior High. I thought in honor of meeting up with her again, I would tell a Leann story.

In junior high school I hung out with a great group of girls. Kristen Lawson, Leann Fidler, Leanna Harris, Shazelle Safely, Brenda (forgot her last name) and others. Some of these friends had horses. So occasionally we would go horseback riding together. It was always a blast. I miss doing that!
So one day I think it was 4 of us that went. Me, Kristen, Leann and I can't remember who else. We only had 2 horses. So we paired up. Me and Leann were together. She was nice enough to let me ride up front with the reigns. She sat behind me. I think we were just riding with a bareback pad this time because we were paired up.

So we rode for a while. We were riding down this one vacant country road when we decided we wanted to get the horse flying. The horse with it's orders clipped a good speed and Leann behind me wasn't satisfied. She was trying to get him to go faster. If I remember right she was swatting his butt and yelling for him to pick it up. Then it got quiet. Finally I realized Leann wasn't there anymore. I turn around and way back there on that road she was lying on the ground. No injuries fortunately. That image has never left me. It was pretty funny. She was a great sport about it and I think she thought it was as funny as the rest of us.
Leann was always a good time.

10 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you had a good day at church. You are tough.

That breaks my heart about Jonah. It's just not fair, is it?
How cool that you reconnected with an old friend. That is always fun.

Hazel said...

I didn't know Jonah had a blog. For some reason he isn't on my list, but I am going to make the changes ASAP.

Aslo, horses? And riding super fast? As a child? Those are all really bad memories for me. I am glad you found something fun about horses though.

Robyn said...

I"m sorry that Jonah is having a rough time. It's hard enough having to deal with that as an adult, but children shouldn't have to know such struggles. I hope things settle down for him soon.

Memzy said...

Glad you are feeling better! It must have been my list, right? Tell Jonah that Char Char misses "his cousin wif the gyasses that plays games with me at Chuck E Cheese".

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

All 3 hours of church? Woohoo! That is always the best thing for me on weeks that are hard. Something about all that spiritual stuff being thrown at you, you just can't help but take it in and feel better. Makes me sad/laugh that afterward "your body kind of let loose. . . but that's cool." Way to think on the positive! :) It made me laugh.
Sorry to hear about Jonah. We will pray for him, and let him know how much he is loved.

Dalana and Mark said...

I'm glad to hear your spirits are lifted some, Amanda. I'm sorry you've been so sick and down. I'm also sad to hear Jonah is struggling. We will for sure keep him in our prayers.

Your little pregnancy ticker says you're 8 weeks along. Yay! My doc always told me 8 weeks was when that hormone was at it's very highest. Hopefully it'll only get easier for you from here. Have you been into the doc yet? I really feel for you and remember those days. YUCK! We think of you guys lots.

Kam said...

Wow, Amanda! Your last posts are hard ones -- sounds like you've been on a bit of a nasty rollercoaster lately. I remember all those "downer" feelings, though I know your sickness must make it so much worse. I'm glad you have a plan to cope, we'll pray it goes like you're hoping! I'm also glad you were able to make it to/through church, feeling pretty good. That's progress, for sure! We miss you guys. Will be praying for Jonah, too!
love kam and brian

Anna B said...

I'm sorry Jonah isn't doing well. I will make sure the kids make a special effort to make him feel good at school and stuff.

E said...

I'm glad you're no longer in the depths of despair. Not a fun place to be. But poor Jonah! I hope he has some better days ahead of him.

Jennifer P. said...

I'll head over to Jonah's blog right now. Zane had that same syndrome and just gave up on it because he wasn't "feelin' the love". Aren't GIRLS suppose to be the emotional ones :) ?!