Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Family Fun Day- Ice Skating Edition

I was totally kicking myself when we were well on our way to the ice skating arena and I realized we left the camera at home. I had big plans of making another cool video for everyone. But it was a no go. Sorry.
But I decided to blog about it anyhow. Imagine my delight when I found pictures on Google Image Search that were a great interpretation of what our little FFD looked like.

So Steve looked like this most of the time with Becca. It was pretty sweet and cute. But when he was able to get a little break from carrying her around on the ice, he was pulling out all the stops. He basically looked like this:


Honest.
As for the kids, they started out looking like this:


It was their first time ice skating after all. But by the end, they were doing tricks like this:

And as for me. Well, I was a wallflower on a bench observing with my two constant companions. 1- A gallon size Zip-Lock baggie and 2- Nausea.

We had a great time!

9 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm so glad that everyone had a great time skating. Next time you will be out there too, doing tricks of your own.

Congrats on the baby! I'm so happy for you!

Emily said...

You always have the best FFD's. Glad you all had fun.

Hot Pants said...

I love hearing about your zip-lock baggies. And I'm glad no one suffered any injuries. Ice skating can be dangerous. Even more dangerous than roller skating.

Vegas Family said...

I love ice skating.
Hot Pants is right, it can be very dangerous. Once Wade and I went ice skating with friends and one of the guys we were with fell on his ice skate. The back of the blade poked a hole in his "behind". It was rather large. We took him to the hospital to get his Freshly made hole stitched shut. Wade told the Doc to be sure to stitch the right hole.
Be carefull, wear protective bum gear.

Memzy said...

Niiiice. FFD is the best.

E said...

I had no idea Steve was such a twinkle toes. Glad you all had fun!

Cristin said...

fuuuuuuuuun! Except the baggie and nausea thing...I hear ya and soooo glad I don't have to live that way any more. :) Though, I would have totally used it as an excuse for LM to go by himself with the kids.

Unknown said...

Last time I went to the ice rink It was with maggie. I almost fell on the cold hard ice. Fortunately I pulled Maggie down with me so she broke my fall.
Crazy.. She hasn't wanted to go ice skating with her mom since.

Anna B said...

Sounds like you guys had another great FFD!