Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Ok Ok Ok Katie!

If all our recent posts with our PDA's (public displays of affection) weren't enough for you...
If you hadn't guessed yet that my husband and I were totally into each other already...
If you haven't puked in your mouth already....
Here's one more doosie for you....
This post is gonna really, really show you what a total nerd I am too... Go ahead, count them. Yep, there are 8 positive pregnancy tests that were saturated in my urine. (Amanda.) The first one is a pretty faint positive and was taken on December 22nd - two weeks ago. The other successive tests got a progressively brighter pink little positive line.
Do I need to explain why I took all these tests? Do I need to explain why I saved them? Or why I wrote the dates on them? Or why I lined them all up in perfect order and took a photo of them? I hope you don't need me to because it is just a totally lame thing I did and I don't deny it. Two words will explain it quite adequately: 1- I'm 2- Crazy.
So you ask, "Are you and Steve happy about it?"

Heck yeah we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all know that I am sooo not a private person. But I got pretty nervous this time around about announcing this. In the past we have always announced our happy news pretty quickly. Then we had 3 miscarriages, consecutively. You better believe I am nervous about another one. But I have always been of the mentality that I could use a little support in a loss that way - cause it does break my little heart pretty bad. However, I'm already beginning to feel a little more at peace and settled about this pregnancy. I will even go as far to say that I am feeling quite optimistic. I'm not saying that I know for sure nothing bad will happen, but I've decided to let myself get happy and excited about it regardless.
So now I am starting to feel nauseated. Not terribly. Just enough to feel like I may puke, but I don't. I am still able to eat pretty much anything I want and have let myself. As evidenced by my size 4 jeans deciding today they did not want to be squeezed onto my quickly enlarging body. I've managed to put on a nice little bit of weight over the last two weeks.
But we are thrilled and I have never been more excited to be sick in my life! I vowed long ago I would never complain about being sick again with pregnancy if I could have the blessing of another child. I may mention it, but I will certainly try to never sound like I am complaining.

So there you go. That's allz I'm gonna say about that for now.
In other news, my gorgeous sister Molly is here in town with her lovely husband and friend. I love it! Here she is today with her awesome dog.
And I got an email from a lady today who took a picture of my kids in an arch at Arches National Park. My camera batteries had died and she offered to take a photo and email it to me. The kids were pretty blurry in this, but I still liked it.
I'll end by saying that I have decided that the time has come for me to learn to do a video on blogger. I know I am way behind the times here and I've been way too lazy to learn. So no more sappy posts for you to deal with- at least until possibly Steve's birthday or Valentines Day or something. I am going to do a video! Just give me a little time to get to it.
See ya.

21 comments:

Anna B said...

Boy that was a really nice potpourri of a post. Thanks for sharing. I totally want to go to Arches too BTW.

Hot Pants said...

I bet you could have bought an iPhone with what you paid for all those pregnancy tests. Congratulations! How did Katie know?

Lisa said...

Wow! Let me be the first to say CONGRATS!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED for you guys! Amanda, trust me you aren't the only one who does the multiple test thing! I must confess I think it brings much needed reassurance. So maybe I am a little crazy too. Your good news just made my day! I love your attitude! Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Amber Waite said...

Yay!!! I'm totally excited for you. Congratulations! I love your optimism!You definetely have an amazingly sweet spirit and you deserve all the happiness in the world.

I loved all the "sappy" posts BTW. I think it's totally sweet. I wish my hubby would write something good about me once in a while. {Hint hint, Andy...}

ManicMandee said...

Amy, I LOVE your comments. You never fail to make me smile with them. Do you think I could return the tests and use the money for an Iphone?

Anonymous said...

YA!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that you didn't call me and tell me, I am very excited to find out. A tear almost came to my eye and I started almost yelling when I saw the tests. I should call you or you call me!


YYYYYAAAAAA

Cristin said...

Ok you are officially forgiven for being totally sappy! Congrats!!!!!

Sarah said...

YAAAYYY!!! I'm so excited for you!! After last time I decided that I would be eternally grateful for morning sickness, as terrible as it can be. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. Congratulations!!!

amber said...

I am so very excited for you!! Sorry about the bad news title of my last post. I thought it might make people worry after I had posted it.
But anyway, Congratulations!!!!!! and good luck!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Carrie said...

I am so so so excited for you!
A happy, healthy, and (fingers crossed) puke free pregnancy will be on my list of prayers for you. :)

ShelBailey said...

Congrats, Amanda! We love you guys and are so happy for you. We'll remember you and your little one in our prayers.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Amanda -
We are SO truly happy for you both!! I have been waiting and waiting for this day! I'm so excited that our little ones will be close in age! We will pray for you and your baby, 'cause I know what a help others' prayers have been to me and throughout this pregnancy. CONGRATULATIONS! ! ! !

Hazel said...

I knew it! I just know these things. Oooh, one of my favorite songs just popped on your blog. It is the Ben Folds and Regina Spector one, but i digress, back to me being totally right. We are in this together now. I am so happy for you, and I want to be updated. I would totally hold your hair back for you when you puke.

I am so excited for you!!

E said...

Congrats! I knew something fishy was going on. I'm super excited for you! I hope you don't spend too much time on your porcelain throne, oh queen of pregnancy tests. Please tell me you got a bulk package of prego-tests at Costco. Those things are expensive! I have an unused one under my sink and I'm thinking about putting it on eBay. I'll let you know when it goes up for auction.

EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkKKKK!

Pearl Girl said...

Congrats to the BISHOPS !!! YAY. I will send a prayer or two up for ya!!

Memzy said...

Hooray! I might have known from a little birdy!! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Emily said...

I'm so excited! I love how positive you are. That will get you through the pukies. How lucky to have Molly there! I miss that girl!

Swasey family said...

I am soooo happy for you!I trully just could not be happier!and the fact that you bought and took that many tests rocks!!!You crack me up!Anywyas, I am just SOO excited for you!!!!

Markie23 said...

If you didn't throw up handling all those pee sticks you are doing great. Congrat's!!

Mikki said...

Hey you, congratulations. I am so excited for you guys.

mitzi said...

Ditoo on all of the congratulations and excitement comments. Your kids are soooo cute, you couldn't help wanting lots more! Good Luck!