Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

It's a slow blogging day

**Edit** Below

So last night I had my first guitar lesson. My teacher is a 16 year old pimpled guy, but I thought he was fantastic! I think we bonded. I left there pretty excited and pumped to get at it.
I told him this song is my goal. I don't know why, but I have loved this song since I was like 13 years old and I never get sick of it. I just love it!
When I am working towards a goal I like to envision myself reaching it. For example: when I run a half marathon, I picture myself looking all muscular and skinny and strong finishing up my 13th mile.
Now that I am beginning to learn the guitar, I am picturing myself with long dyed black hair, black nails, tight dark jeans that are folded at the bottom, 15 pair of earrings, and a Gothic looking spiked bracelet around my wrist as I sing this little diddy, "More Than Words." I see myself sitting on a stool singing it to my straight-laced sweetheart.
Perfect inspiration.
**So Steve looks at this post and shouts out "15 pair of earrings!? What?!" Y'all know I was totally kidding right?

9 comments:

amber said...

That's too funny! I always wanted a guy to play this song for me on his guitar since I was like 13!! Learn it and play it for Stevie!!

Memzy said...

K, post a video when you learn it!

Hazel said...

That is how I learned to play the piano. Not the envisioning thing, but I had a song that I wanted to play, a hard one, and I did it, and learned how to play the piano in the process. An after thought, if you will.

So ambitious BTW. I am inspired!

E said...

Your determination will get you through that initial sore-finger phase, I'm sure. Hang in there, even when it gets tough. I started teaching Cord two weeks ago, and he's doing pretty dang well.

Vegas Family said...

Good for you!
I still have my drum set and a few rhythms that can go with any song. Let me know when your ready to start a band.

Swasey family said...

you totally crack me up girl!!SO funny!!Great song can't wait to hear you play it!!!

Swasey family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I can totally picture you all goth like... And I think it may be a good look for you!!! :)

Emily said...

You are so funny. Whatever gets you to your goal!