Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Is there anything wrong with sappy?

Steve and I on our wedding day May 8, 1998 I hope that Steve takes this the way I intend for him to take it. And I hope he wont let his humility get the better of him as well. Meaning, I hope he doesn't delete this post.
Because I want to publicly and most sappy-ly express my love and gratitude to him.
I'll start with a little poem I wrote him that I guess I didn't really write. It was inspired from many scripture verses and rearranged in my own little way. His name means "crown." How appropriate that is to me.

My Crown - My Steven
I love you with an everlasting love
For the ways I love you are endless
Your gentleness hath made me great
You are of purer eyes
You can be trusted because of the integrity of your heart
A friend loveth at all times and you are a true friend indeed
The way of the Lord is strength and when my strength is exhausted,
yours carries me through
You are patient, full of love and all longsuffering
You have enlarged the steps under me
You have not a mind to injure another but to live peaceably
And therefore you shall have peace in this world and in the world to come
He that is righteous is favored of God
You are favored of God
The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts
And we shall be encircled about eternally in the arms of His love
Together.
Love,
Your Amanda

Steve and I 10 years (and 10-20 lbs) later.
Being married to Steve is wonderful. I remember when we first got married how I felt such a horrible sense of pity for most of the world. I felt sorry for all the people who weren't blessed with such a heavenly union that brought the most exquisite joy to my soul. I know some of you out there do have the same joy we have in our marriage. But by far too many people's marriages are not what they should be. And that is such a sad thing to me. I remember thinking that the world would surely be in a blissful state by all if they could have the same love that I enjoyed with my Steven. Of course over the years we have had our ups and downs. Some really wonderful ups and some really difficult downs. But today I can say with all honesty that the up I have felt with you currently has been the best, most satisfying I have ever experienced. Ever. Thank you.
I am truly honored to be your wife. I pray that I may always bring you honor and joy in return.
Love,
Amanda

13 comments:

KunaBoy said...

What a sweet post and poem. Everyone that knows you has great admiration for you and Steve's marriage, family and faith in the Lord.

Carrie said...

What an amazing way to tell Steve how your feel.
May the ups continue for two always

Memzy said...

Poems are awesome.

Hazel said...

That is so sweet. It made me cry a little. You really are a very blessed woman.

Emily said...

That was sweet.

E said...

I'm glad you and Steve are so happy together! Thanks for sharing your poem with us.

ShelBailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShelBailey said...

Nothing wrong with sappy. I thought that Ry and Sue were the sappiest couple ever. It's a close call now, but I think you got 'em beat. :0)

Sam and I like sappy people. :0)

Swasey family said...

That was by far the sweetest post ever!!The poem was amazing!What a love you two have!!Can't wait to meet your husband someday too!

Vegas Family said...

Maintaining a happy marriage is a great accomplishment by you both.
Cheers to you both, for recognizing your joys and growing from the lows. So happy for you.

Lynn Cooper said...

That is so beatiful. Thanks for sharing. It makes us all feel better and helps us to remember the love we have for our own spouses! Thanks!,
Aunt Lynn

Studley said...

This makes me happy. I am thankful for the love that you two share. Thanks again for the e-mail. You guys will ever be in my thoughts and prayers.

Robyn said...

It's inspiring that after so many years you two are still in love. So often couples fall into a comfortable rut. It's obviously not going to happen to you.