Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sappy is good

This is a post about Amanda. For those of you who know and love her, I don't need to say much because you already know what a wonderful person she is. I love how passionate and how kind she is. She loves each of our children so much and she has taught them so much. I give her pretty much all of the credit for teaching them and helping them with schoolwork, etc. When Celeste was little, Amanda and I decided to do a little bit of homeschooling. Of course, as I said, Amanda is the one who ended up doing the schooling. She worked with her, teaching her all of the preschool and kindergarten stuff. She loved being Mom and teaching her daughter. Anyway, if you have checked out Celeste's blog lately, you know how that schooling has turned out. Celeste, Jonah, Eden and Becca are all doing well in school, thanks to her. Great job Amanda!!

Amanda has been sick with each of our children. Her pregnancies have been extremely difficult and tiring. She has literally thrown up hundreds of times with each of them and yet she has wanted with all of her heart and soul to bring these special people into our lives. She has put up with constant nausea and vomiting for months and literally years at a time. They need a new record for this category. I love and admire her for the simple, yet deep love that she has for each of these children because of her willingness to sacrifice. They adore her.

Amanda loves people!! She is a people person and loves to help and bring out the best in others. Let me say it again: She loves deeply and cares about the people that she comes in contact with. It has shown in all of her callings and the people that she visit teaches. To this day, she still keeps in contact with many of them. You are beautiful, Amanda.

Growing up, she was constantly involved in ballet. Being a Mom and Wife, she doesn't get to do that as much. Fortunately, though, I have gotten to see her dance in a couple of formal shows and on other occasions. One of them she was as the overall leader, choreographer, and director. This was Alice in Wonderland. She played the tutor. And, she and two friends helped teach and train about 50 girls along along the way. She has seen a number of former cast members over the years, and they approach us when we are out and about and thank her. They love her. Thanks Amanda! When do I get to see you in another?

Finally, I want to tell her that there are countless other qualities that inspire me and help me see the vision of being and doing better.

Lastly, I wrote her a poem, similar to the one that she wrote me.

Amanda Lucina Bishop--A Light Worthy of Love
Hers is the path of virtue,
Though she may walk in the valley
of the shadow of death, she fears no evil.

A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid,
Others seeing the light rejoice and are glad,
Hearts are light, spirits lifted.

The Master is the Captain of Her Soul.
Her sails set and her course charted,
Surely goodness and mercy will follow her all the days of her life

The dawn breaks forth over the mountains,
A new day shines. Radiant and glowing,
My heart basks in the warmth of her love.

SGB

11 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I am starting to think you two might like each other. I'm pretty perceptive of these things.

Swasey family said...

this brought me to tears...the love that you and your husband have for eachother is Awesome!everything he said about you is so true!I have only met you once and talked to you through emails and I know within my heart what a wonderful and miraculous woman you are!You Rock girl!!!

ManicMandee said...

I'm blushing -
Way to make a girl feel like a million bucks Steve. Thank you so much.
Most of that stuff is your perception of me and I'm not sure how true it is. But thanks. I love you.

Emily said...

Wow, I think Steve may have one upped you Amanda. That was pretty sappy, but true also. Very sweet.

Jennifer P. said...

Steve--

I need to find a crown for you!

It was sappy, but so true! Amanda is poem-worthy for sure ;)!

Robyn said...

Wow! I wish my hubby would say nice things about me like that. I'm so jealous, Amanda! I think you have a keeper!

Hazel said...

That is so sweet. I do get the feeling that you all have some secrets though.

Mary said...

Isn't love great?! Everyone needs another person in their life who can help them see the good in themselves.
It's especially great for those of us who tend to be hard on ourselves. Great job Steve!

Markie23 said...

"No, you're schmoopy"
Seinfeld reference - sorry if you're not a fan

Anna B said...

Kissy, kissy, kissy. Way to go Big Man.

E said...

I'm at a loss for words. I had no idea you and Steve were so sappy and poetic! Thanks for sharing with us all!